Reports to: Anime Detour Executive Team
Description: As the head of the Photography Department, you will be in charge of facilitating and organizing the activities of the volunteer Photography staff for Anime Detour.
- Assess layout of space dedicated for studio photography.
- Communicate with the Cosplay Department to determine coverage of Masquerade and its competitors.
- Communicate with the Programming Department to determine coverage of panels for which photography is warranted or requested.
- Schedule group photoshoots and disseminate information through the program book, online app, and social media.
- Take the staff photo.
- Plan at-con work shifts for Photography staff.
- Publish photos taken at the convention for general viewing online in a timely manner after the convention.
- Communicate with the executive team and other departments as needed in a timely manner, primarily through email.
- Annually submit a budget.
- Annually prepare an inventory of the Photography Department’s items for insurance.
- Recruit staff members for the department and help improve their professional skills.
- Contribute ideas and solutions on how to improve the convention as a whole.