Bring your own flavor to the con floor by hosting an Anime Detour room party!
We go to great lengths to ensure your room party is in a great location, has good advertising, and has as few disturbances as possible. We are here to ensure that you and all of the convention attendees have a great time at the room parties, while still being respectful of everyone else in the hotel.
Registering to host a room party at Anime Detour not only makes you totally awesome, but also provides you with some pretty sweet benefits:
- Listing of your party in the physical and virtual Anime Detour program book, as well as on maps throughout the hotel.
- Designated room in the Room Parties Block. You’ll be close to the convention spaces, and accessible by escalator and elevator!
- You get a “Welcome Pack” from the Room Parties Department! The pack includes: snacks, drinks, tape for hanging posters, official “Party Host” collector buttons, and more! For allergy concerns and suggestions: Contact Us.
How To Party
We know how much work goes into actually throwing a party, so we aim to make the process of getting one as easy as possible.
- Submit a Room Party Request Form.
- We will be in communication with you with regards to any further information you may need to submit or announcements you need to be informed about.
After that, it’s up to you! A party is only as awesome as the work that gets put into it, so plan early, work hard, and get ready to party!
Before you submit your awesome room party idea, please familiarize yourself with the Anime Detour Room Parties Policies.
Hosting a Room Party FAQ
A: You may not sell anything in your party room with the exception of registrations to other conventions. Voluntary tip jars are allowed, and you may politely ask for tips, but you cannot deny anyone access to the party or items being given away if they don’t tip. No minimum tip requests.
- If your music can be heard approximately two or three rooms away, it is too loud.
- No speakers can be placed in the hallway. They must be inside the room itself.
- If you would like help adjusting your noise levels, contact the Convention Communications to get one of the Room Parties staff to assist you.
- The party can only be open during stated hours and only if there is an AD badger on site to badge for entry. They will only check convention badges, not ID.
- You are required to check the ID of everyone you serve.
- Nobody is allowed to leave the room with a drink in hand.
- Serving alcohol to someone who is already visibly intoxicated is known as over-serving.
- We will not hesitate to get the Minneapolis Police involved if there are reports of underage drinking or over-serving. You are liable to the police for any underage drinking or over-serving.
- For more information, please review Minnesota’s liquor laws and statute.
A: Your party needs to be open a minimum of 4 consecutive hours each day on Friday and Saturday. That’s 8 hours total. If you want to open Sunday as well, that is fine, but you must still be open for 4 hours each day the first two days of the convention.
Need to ask us a different question? Contact Room Parties.