Reports to: Anime Detour Executive Team
Description: As the head of the Exhibit Hall Department, you will be in charge of selecting and organizing a variety of larger, professional companies to sell and promote their wares to convention attendees.
- Communicate with the executive team and other departments in a timely manner.
- Annually submit a budget.
- Annually prepare an inventory of the Exhibit Hall Department’s items for insurance.
- Annually update the vendor contract.
- Oversee the performance of the Exhibit Hall Department staff during the convention cycle.
- Recruit staff members for the department and help improve their professional skills.
- Open and close the online Exhibit Hall form in a timely matter.
- With a panel of selectors, determine the vendors for the convention based on type, variety, and quality of products.
- Ensure payment by the vendors for their booths prior to the convention.
- Communicate with vendors regarding;
- Selection process and status
- Booth specifications
- Load in and load out times at the hotel
- Any other questions they may have
- At the convention, coordinate organization of booths, vendor set-up, and tear-down.
- Be available at the convention Thursday morning to Sunday evening for any department issues that may arise.
- Work with other departments to ensure the Exhibit Hall and vendors have the personnel, equipment and badges required.
- Contribute ideas and solutions on how to improve the convention as a whole.