- Parties may only serve alcohol during their stated open hours.
- You must card for government-issued ID before serving any alcohol, even if the attendee looks old enough. No exceptions. This is for your own benefit (see #6).
- Attendees are not allowed to leave your room with open containers of alcohol. That being said, if someone leaves your room with an open drink or is making a scene about it, please notify AD Convention Floor (by finding a Convention Services staff member or contacting the Convention Services Front Desk) as they are responsible for enforcing convention policies.
- Serving alcohol to someone who is already visibly intoxicated is known as over-serving. Use your best judgement in such cases.
- We will not hesitate to get the Minneapolis Police involved if there are reports of underage drinking or attendees not being carded. You will be held liable and the consequences will not be pleasant.
- For more information, please review Minnesota’s liquor laws and statutes: https://www.revisor.mn.gov/statutes/?id=340A
Category: Before you submit your totally awesome room party ideas, please note the following rules: