Below are the rates for Anime Detour 2021 registration:
- At-door Registration (18+): $75
- Ages 6-12: $15
- Ages 13-17: $40
Memberships vs. Tickets
Anime Detour does not sell tickets. Instead, the convention sell memberships to a yearly event. With that in mind, the legal owner of a membership/badge/registration is not the person who paid for it, but the attendee listed on the registration. Only the legal owner of a membership (the attendee) may relinquish, transfer, or pick it up.
Providing false or otherwise fictitious names (i.e. non-legal names) on registrations can make it impossible for a badge to be issued.
Anime Detour does not issue refunds or process roll-overs. If an issue comes up and a person is unable to attend, they have the option of transferring their membership to another person.
The deadline for transfers sent through the mail is March 13th, 2021, and March 19th, 2021 for transfers sent via email. For more information, see the transfer policies below.
Badge Name Guidelines
A person may choose anything that is family appropriate (by discretion of the Registration staff) and is of reasonable length. Special characters and/or any inappropriate names will not be allowed.
Anime Detour reserves the right to alter or shorten badge names as necessary.
For any questions or concerns regarding whether a badge name is appropriate or not, contact the Registration department at firstname.lastname@example.org
Anime Detour understands that things come up and a person may be unable to attend the convention. This is why Anime Detour allows for a person to transfer their membership.
Please note: Anime Detour is not responsible for any third party transaction, nor the result of any such transaction.
- Transfers are done at a person’s own risk.
- Ask the transferring party for proof that the membership exists before agreeing to pay (to help avoid getting scammed).
- Registration confirmation numbers can be validated through Registration
- Email the Registration department for further verification.
- The person receiving the membership should control the transfer.
In order to transfer a membership, the legal owner of said membership must fill out the top half of a membership transfer form. A transfer request cannot be processed without the original badge owner’s signature! The receiving party must then fill out the second half of the form with their information, and send it to Anime Detour by mail or e-mail by the deadline. The entire form must be filled out!
E-mail confirmations will be sent to the new badge owner when the transfer has been processed. If a confirmation e-mail is not received, please contact the Registration department.
All mail-in transfer requests must be postmarked by March 13th, 2021, and all email transfers must be received by March 19th, 2021. Any transfers after that will need to be done at the convention for a $5 processing fee.
Completed transfer forms can be sent to email@example.com, or mailed to:
Anime Twin Cities, Inc.
P.O. Box 48309
Coon Rapids, MN 55448
A transfer request will be denied if it does not follow all Registration policies.
More information can be found through Registration
At-Con Transfer Policy
- There will be a $5 processing fee for all at-con transfers.
- At-con transfers will require a completed (and signed) membership transfer form.
- The person receiving the badge will need to bring the form and fee to the transfer line at Registration to be processed.
- Anime Detour will not accept transfers over the phone or with incomplete forms.
Please note: Anime Detour is not responsible for any third party transaction, nor the result of any such transaction. Transfers are done at a person’s own risk. Please be sure to ask the transferring party for proof that the membership exists before agreeing to pay (to help avoid getting scammed). Registration confirmation numbers can be validated through Registration. Email the Registration department for further verification. The person receiving the transfer should control the transfer.
A transfer request will be denied if it does not follow all Registration policies.
Anime Detour does not offer any type of a press/media badge for a free or reduced price. Every person attending Anime Detour must be registered.
Anime Detour offers an at-door, adult, Sunday-only passes for $15 (minor and children rates do not change). If a person is interested in attending Friday and/or Saturday, a standard membership will need to be purchased. The standard membership will allow the person to attend the full weekend.
Lost Badge Policy
If an attendee loses or misplaces their badge at the convention, a replacement badge can be purchased for a fee of $60. Attendee must bring their ID or proof of purchase for a replacement badge to be issued.
A partial refund may be issued if the original badge is found, and the replacement badge is returned before Registration closes on the Saturday of the convention.
Any group of attendees may submit their registrations together in a single registration packet with a single check. When registering with a group, all badges will be picked up together by the group leader/chaperone. The group leader/chaperone will then distribute badges to group members.
All groups must fill out the Group Contact Information and List of Group Registrants forms.
Any group packet received missing the above forms will be processed as individual registrations, rather than a group.
Official educational groups (i.e. school groups and Scouts) qualify for a $5 discount per registration.
Qualifying your Group for the Educational Discount:
- An educational group must contain at least 5 members. Additional members may not be added later.
- School groups must include a cover letter written on official letterhead signed by the school principal, student activities coordinator, or club sponsor stating the group as a part of an officially recognized school organization.
- Scout groups must include a cover letter with their registered Troop number that is signed by a Troop leader.
- The discount is $5 off the current individual Pre-Registration rate. This discount CANNOT be applied to Sponsorships.
**The deadline for mailing in any group packet is March 13th, 2021.**
Sponsorships / Community Sponsorships
The cost of a Sponsorship membership is $150. The cost of a Community Sponsorship is $250.
Sponsorships offer a few more perks than the standard membership. Some of these perks may include:
- An Anime Detour T-shirt
- Priority seating to the Cosplay Contest and other special events
- Access to our Volunteer Consuite
- Early access to Dealer’s Room (about 30 minutes)
- Our thanks for your support, and your name listed in the programming book
Community sponsors do not receive more perks than a regular sponsor. The extra money will go directly to one of the many charities that Anime Detour supports.
Picking up your Badge
Badges will be issued at the convention. Anime Detour does not distribute badges before the convention. Badges will be issued to their legal owner only, a person may not pick up another person’s badge.
- Pre-registered individuals will pick up their badges individually from the general pick-up line.
- Groups: The group leader or chaperone as stated in the group packet must sign for and pick up the group badges. These will be available at through the Group/Sponsors/Transfer line in Registration.(If a group registration packet was incomplete, then the group badges will be available for individual pickup from the general line.)
- Sponsors will be able to pick up their badges from the Group/Sponsors/Transfer line in Registration.
- Artist Alley badges are processed as a group, and must be picked up from the head of Artist Alley.
Minors – May use any one of the following: A school photo ID, ATC_Payment receipt/proof of purchase, or a government-issued photo ID. An adult family member may also vouch for the minor’s identity after showing their own ID.
Adult – A government issued photo ID that has their date of birth on it is required for anyone picking up an adult (18+) badge. If an adult is unable to produce a government issued photo ID, they will be issued a minor badge. For security reasons, the convention reserves the right not to issue a badge to someone that does not have their ID and cannot prove who they say they are.
**It is advised to bring proof of payment (ATC_Payment receipt, copy of bank statement, canceled check) to the convention in case issues arise. If membership cannot be found in the database, and proof of payment is not provided, Anime Detour will not be able to issue the badge.**
Do I need to Register?
YES! Every person attending Anime Detour must either register online or through the mail!
Any individual who intends to enter con-space is required to be registered and have their badge visible. Con- space includes (but is not limited to) areas such as the Dealer’s room, panel rooms, Consuite, room parties, and programming rooms. There are volunteers in each area that check to make sure every attendee has their badge visible or deny access to people who don’t.
General hotel space (i.e. the lobby, personal hotel rooms, attached businesses) will not require badges.
Confirmation Email vs. Proof of Purchase
Anime Detour will send out an email with a confirmation number in it to all attendees who register. This confirmation number can be validated at www.animedetour.com/regtransfer. This email is for informational, troubleshooting, and transferring purposes only, and does not serve as proof of payment/purchase.
Attendees who registered online will also receive an email receipt with “[ATC_Payment] Receipt” in the subject line. This email serves as confirmation and proof of purchase/payment.
Proof of Payment can include:
- Bank Statement
- ATC_Payment Receipt Email
- Paper Receipt issued if registered in person
If a person is unsure whether they are registered, they can contact the Registration Department directly at firstname.lastname@example.org
Online Forms of Payment
Anime Detour’s online system accepts most major credit cards.
A person must enter the exact billing address of the card they are using, or the transaction will be denied, as the card processing system checks the billing addresses of all credit cards.
If an error occurs when checking out, duplicate charges may appear in the bank account. These are temporary and will be reversed after approximately three business days. If they do not, contact the Registration department email@example.com for further assistance.
Anime Detour does not accept PayPal.
Common Courtesy / Convention Rules
Every attendee is to abide by the convention rules and treat every attendee, staff member, volunteer, and guest with respect. Anime Detour reserves the right to revoke an attendee’s membership at any time for any reason.