Anime Detour Charity Auction has been a part of the Anime Detour culture since 2005. Every year we invite all guests of Anime Detour to come and participate in the Live Auction, which is hosted on the Sunday of the convention. We welcome you to come and bid on unique autographed and non-autographed items and be entertained from our variety of Guest of Honors.
Anime Detour would like to welcome NAMI Minnesota (National Alliance on Mental Health)! We are very excited to be affiliated with this amazing non-profit organization! All proceeds from the charity live auction and silent auction will help continue their fight to help promote education, advocacy and support for families and individuals with mental illness.
For over 40 years, NAMI Minnesota has been dedicated to improving and promoting the development of programs and services for children and adults with mental illness and their families, as well as helping create a pathway for changing the stigma about mental illness. NAMI offers a multitude of classes and support groups for children, teens and adults. As well as, support groups and classes for those who are involved in the faith community, LGBTQ community and multicultural community, just to name a few.
NAMI Minnsota Mission Statement:“NAMI Minnesota champions justice, dignity and respect for all people affected by mental illnesses. Through education, support and advocacy we strive to eliminate the pervasive stigma of mental illnesses, affect positive changes in the mental health system, and increase the public and professional understanding of mental illnesses.”
1919 University Ave. W, Suite 400
St. Paul, MN 55104
651-645-2978 or 1-888-NAMI-HELPS
Suicide Prevention and Support
If you or someone you know is in crisis and in need of immediate assistance, the following resources can help:
- National Suicide Prevention Lifeline at 1-800-273-TALK (8255)
- Metro Counties (including Anoka, Carver, Dakota, Hennepin, Ramsey, Scott and Washington): call **CRISIS (**274747)
- Crisis Text Line: Text “MN” to 741741
- The Trevor Project: Text START to 678678 or call 1-866-488-7386 www.thetrevorproject.org
Charity Auction Information
Where to preview
The Charity Auction Exhibition and Silent Auction will be located (on the 2 nd floor near the Regency) in the Mirage. Please stop by to view autographed items donated by FUNimation, Aniplex, numerous voice actors and much more! As well as place bids in our newly expanded silent auction.
Hours of Operation
Friday: Noon to 8:00pm
Saturday: 9am to 8:00pm
Sunday: Noon to 4:00pm for Live Auction and Silent Auction pick up
All bids for Silent Auction will end at 6:00 om on Saturday Night.
- All winners will be notified by text
- All winners must pick up and pay for their items during the following times or have special arrangements made:
Saturday Night from 6-8 pm (Mirage) or Sunday between 12-4 pm (Charity Live Auction, Mirage)
Charity Live Auction
Time: 12:00 to 4:00pm
Where: Mirage, 2nd Floor
Hosting this year’s live auction is our alumni guests of honor, Tony Oliver and Clarine Harp with special appearances made throughout the auction by various voice actors and artistic talent.
Thank you to all our contributors over the years: companies such as FUNimation, Sentai Filmworks, PacSet Tours, along with our amazing Guests of Honor who have brought items you will never see anywhere else and to our Merchants from the Dealer’s Room who have donated numerous items to help support our cause.
Thank you to all our guests of Anime Detour who have donated, purchased and supported the Charity Auction or Silent Auction. Your hearts are bigger than most people could possibly imagine. Due to your generous donations, Anime Detour had received seven partnership humanitarian awards when we worked with the American Red Cross. Since then, we had accomplished our 2 nd largest charitable donation in 2019. Thanks to all of you, from the bottom of our hearts and sincere gratitude; we could not do it without you!With Love — Anime Detour Charity Auction Staff
Special Thank You
Anime Detour Charity Auction would like to extend a special thank you to following Anime Conventions and Industry Guests for assisting with our charity auction.
Charity Auction Donations:
- 2005: $1,500.00 — American Red Cross
- 2006: $3,000.00 — American Red Cross
- 2007: $5,078.00 — American Red Cross
- 2008: $10,221.00 — American Red Cross
- 2009: $10,704.00 — American Red Cross
- 2010: $16,456.00 — American Red Cross
- 2011: $36,625.00 — American Red Cross Tsunami Relief Fund
- 2012: $28,705.00 — American Red Cross International Fund
- 2013: $21,310.00 — American Red Cross International Fund
- 2014: $17,197.00 — American Red Cross International Fund/Northern Minnesota Regions
- 2015: $24,140.00 — American Red Cross Minnesota Region
- 2016: $19,000.00 — American Red Cross Minnesota Region
- 2017: $26,400.00 — American Red Cross Minnesota Region and National Fire Campaign
- 2018: $22,292.00 — American Red Cross Minnesota Region and National Fire Campaign
- 2019: $29,197.00 — National Alliance on Mental Illness (NAMI) Minnesota